|Custom Version||Iron Curtain|
The AK12 is a balanced Rifle. It boasts a high RoF and above average damage. This makes it a very effective close range weapon. However, its drawback is accuracy, being lower than most other rifles in the game. It also has a magazine of 32 rounds, 2 more rounds than most other rifles.
Best used as a close-to-mid range weapon due to high DPS and low accuracy. Could be seen as upgraded Honey Badger.
The AK12 is significantlly more powerful when upgraded to 5 stars, because of its rapid fire rate, even higher damage and most importrantly, more ammo. If you are lucky to find it in flawless state and upgrade it to max (and if it is on high level) it can be nearly as powerful as the Iron Curtain, AK12's custom version, which is considered to be one of the best weapons in the game.
- The AK12 is featured as a full auto rifle, but in SFH2, the AK12 is two-round burst.
- Based off the real life AK-12 Assault rifle. Designed as a successor to the AK-74M, it was passed over by the Russian military multiple times before being accepted in late 2014.It is now being issued to main force units in 2015.
- The AK12's appearance is based on the AK-12 from Call of Duty: Ghosts.
- The AK12 reminds some people of another real-life Russian weapon, the AK-47.
- In the opening cutscene, the AK-12 is now the standard assault rifle for GlobeX soldiers. This could be one of the many changes the Scientist made to GlobeX.